Return to BigSpud Menu

Subject: perfect killer mashed potatoes
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking

============================

From: ns <ned_sud[at]yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:20:20 -0800 (PST)
--------
<a href="http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes">http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes</a>

it may give you a heart attack....

============================

From: cybercat <cyberpurrs[at]yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 23:46:14 -0500
--------
ns wrote:
> <a href="http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes">http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes</a>
>
> it may give you a heart attack....

Mashed potatoes? With half a cup of bacon grease and a cup of cheddar 
cheese? Might as well go for a KFC trailertrash bowl. Bleah. 

============================

From: Bobo Bonobo(R) <CLASSACT[at]brick.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 04:44:46 -0800 (PST)
--------
cybercat wrote:
> Mashed potatoes? With half a cup of bacon grease and a cup of cheddar
> cheese? Might as well go for a KFC trailertrash bowl. Bleah.

I'm a huge fan of bacon grease for frying, but in mashed potatoes?  No
thanks.

--Bryan

============================

From: Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright[at]cox.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 04:53:36 GMT
--------
Oh pshaw, ns meant to say...
> <a href="http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes">http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes</a>
> 
> it may give you a heart attack....

Could not possibly be as bad as this...

<a href="http://www.heartattackgrill.com/">http://www.heartattackgrill.com/</a>

There are several in Phoenix.  No, I have not been there, for various 
reasons, but I drive right past one on my way home everyday.

============================

From: sf
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 21:11:33 -0800
--------
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>Could not possibly be as bad as this...
>
><a href="http://www.heartattackgrill.com/">http://www.heartattackgrill.com/</a>

Hey, what's so bad about that?  At the very least they are the butt
mans version of Hooters.

>There are several in Phoenix.  No, I have not been there, for various 
>reasons, 

I can think of one and it doesn't have anything to do with health.

> but I drive right past one on my way home everyday.

<snork>  How do you ward off all that evil cholesterol as you pass by?
Do you have a cross that's blessed by the Pope?

============================

From: Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright[at]cox.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 05:19:23 GMT
--------
Oh pshaw, sf meant to say...

> Hey, what's so bad about that?  At the very least they are the butt
> mans version of Hooters.

Guess that depends on what you go there for. :-)
 
> I can think of one and it doesn't have anything to do with health.

Bingo!
 
> <snork>  How do you ward off all that evil cholesterol as you pass by?
> Do you have a cross that's blessed by the Pope?

No, I have a cross that's blessed by my caridologist.  Arteries that have 
been propped open with stents are not a good combination with lard fried 
potatoes, or so I'm told. :-)

============================

From: sf
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:14:00 -0800
--------
Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>No, I have a cross that's blessed by my caridologist.  Arteries that have 
>been propped open with stents are not a good combination with lard fried 
>potatoes, or so I'm told. :-)

Why eat fast food if you can't have fries that have been fried in beef
fat?  Geeze.  The food police are everywhere these days!  

LOLOL

============================

From: cybercat <cyberpurrs[at]yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 00:13:43 -0500
--------
Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Could not possibly be as bad as this...
>
> <a href="http://www.heartattackgrill.com/">http://www.heartattackgrill.com/</a>
>
> There are several in Phoenix.  No, I have not been there, for various
> reasons, but I drive right past one on my way home everyday.

I'm no food snob or fatphobic, but aside from the occasional fat feast, I've 
been there and done that--at the appropriate time--when my system, age, and 
activity level could handle it. And it was gooooood. :)

I don't know how it happened, but I've developed different tastes now. I 
must have my "you can have my cheese when you can pry it out of my cold, 
dead, hands" tattoo removed. 

============================

From: Paul M. Cook <pmcook[at]gte.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:33:09 GMT
--------
cybercat wrote:
> I'm no food snob or fatphobic, but aside from the occasional fat feast, 
> I've been there and done that--at the appropriate time--when my system, 
> age, and activity level could handle it. And it was gooooood. :)
>
> I don't know how it happened, but I've developed different tastes now. I 
> must have my "you can have my cheese when you can pry it out of my cold, 
> dead, hands" tattoo removed.

Mine just says Wendy.  At certain times.

============================

From: KW <keith_warrennospamatallteldotnet>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:47:57 -0500
--------
Paul M. Cook wrote:
> Mine just says Wendy.  At certain times.

:-)

============================

From: koko
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:29:57 -0800
--------
Paul M. Cook wrote:
>Mine just says Wendy.  At certain times.

Too funny. 

============================

From: Sqwertz <swertz[at]cluemail.compost>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:09:04 GMT
--------
Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Could not possibly be as bad as this...
> 
><a href="http://www.heartattackgrill.com/">http://www.heartattackgrill.com/</a>

It's just a burger joint.  Not any more unhealthy than most of
them.  The fires are unconventional, but a culinary step up, for
sure.

============================

From: Paul M. Cook <pmcook[at]gte.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:36:52 GMT
--------
Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> http://www.heartattackgrill.com/
>
> There are several in Phoenix.  No, I have not been there, for various
> reasons, but I drive right past one on my way home everyday.

I will admit I once had a tripple cheeseburger with pastrami, bacon and a 
fried egg which I washed down with a couple quarts of Guinness.  Oh man was 
it good.  Gluttony is OK, if not done every day.

============================

From: Sqwertz <swertz[at]cluemail.compost>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:03:49 GMT
--------
ns wrote:
> <a href="http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes">http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes</a>
> 
> it may give you a heart attack....

Keep em simple.  At least leave out the bacon fat and use butter
instead.

My last batch was roasted garlic and colby cheese.

============================

From: Paul M. Cook <pmcook[at]gte.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 07:28:51 GMT
--------
ns wrote:
> <a href="http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes">http://sudduth-recipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Perfect%20Potatoes</a>
>
> it may give you a heart attack....

Call me crazy but I can think of better ways to die than from mashed 
potatoes.

============================

From: Ophelia <O[at]nix.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:17:03 -0000
--------
Paul M. Cook wrote:
> Call me crazy but I can think of better ways to die than from mashed
> potatoes.

LOL 

============================

From: Amarantha <kyliejohnson[at]NOSPAMhotmail.com>
Date: 05 Dec 2007 23:23:02 GMT
--------
Paul M. Cook wrote:
> Call me crazy but I can think of better ways to die than from mashed 
> potatoes.

I'm not sure I can... ;)

(Although I prefer 'em simple, with just butter, s&p.)

============================

From: cybercat <cyberpurrs[at]yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:26:39 -0500
--------
Amarantha wrote:
> I'm not sure I can... ;)
>
> (Although I prefer 'em simple, with just butter, s&p.)

Me too. Potato skins are better for loading down with lots
of crap like bacon, cheddar, green onions and sour cream. 

============================

From: Gregory Morrow <TheKillingOfSistahGeorge[at]mercycroft.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 20:02:13 -0600
--------
cybercat sez:
> Me too. Potato skins are better for loading down with lots
> of crap like bacon, cheddar, green onions and sour cream.

Bacon, cheddar, green onion, and sour cream are not "crap", it's how you use
them.  'Course from yer posts here we see that most everything you do food -
wise is "crap"...

============================

From: Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright[at]cox.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 02:10:06 GMT
--------
Oh pshaw, Gregory Morrow meant to say...
> cybercat sez:
>> Me too. Potato skins are better for loading down with lots
>> of crap like bacon, cheddar, green onions and sour cream.

Actually, that's just the way I like them.

> Bacon, cheddar, green onion, and sour cream are not "crap", it's how you
> use them.  'Course from yer posts here we see that most everything you
> do food - wise is "crap"...

Now, now Greg...once more you're bent out of shape.  

============================

From: cybercat <cyberpurrs[at]yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 21:36:47 -0500
--------
Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Now, now Greg...once more you're bent out of shape.

Bent out of shape? This mf is obsessed. 

============================

From: Gregory Morrow <TheKillingOfSistahGeorge[at]mercycroft.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:07:25 -0600
--------
Projectile Vomit Chique snapped:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote
> > Now, now Greg...once more you're bent out of shape.
> >
> Bent out of shape? This mf is obsessed.

Naw...I just like givin' you "the business"...

Thanx for the new sig line BTW there, luv...

:-)


Return to BigSpud Menu