Return to BigSpud Menu

Subject: Potato Pudding
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking

============================

From: hahabogus <not[at]applicable.com.invalid>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:52:48 GMT
--------
"Potato Pudding"

10 large potatoes 
1 medium onion 
 pound bacon 
2 tsps salt 
pepper to taste 
 cup evaporated milk, heated 
5 eggs 

Peel and grate potatoes and onion.
Cut bacon in fine strips and fry until crisp. Combine with potato and onion 
mixture.
Add hot milk and beaten eggs, one at a time.
Add salt and pepper.
Pour mixture in greased pan and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to 375 and bake for 45 minutes more.
Cut into squares and serve hot with sour cream as a main course or side 
dish.

Submitted by "Brenda Cleary".

============================

From: Sheryl Rosen <catmandy[at]optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:20:25 GMT
--------
This is a lot like the Potato Kugel my mom and I used to make for 
passover....except of course, for the bacon. And we didn't use milk. But 
it's quite similar, actually.

I wonder if my aunt is making potato kugel?

============================

From: hahabogus <not[at]applicable.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:26:52 GMT
--------
Sheryl Rosen wrote:
> This is a lot like the Potato Kugel my mom and I used to make for 
> passover....except of course, for the bacon. And we didn't use milk.
> But it's quite similar, actually.
> 
> I wonder if my aunt is making potato kugel?

I really wouldn't know what your aunt is making, You could phone and find 
out couldn't you?

============================

From: Sheryl Rosen <catmandy[at]optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 04:12:15 GMT
--------
hahabogus wrote:
> I really wouldn't know what your aunt is making, You could phone and find 
> out couldn't you?

It was a rhetorical question, not directed at you, really more of a 
"thinking out loud" thing.

And she did.
And I have leftovers. :-)

============================

From: hahabogus <not[at]applicable.com.invalid>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 04:30:58 GMT
--------
Sheryl Rosen wrote:
> It was a rhetorical question, not directed at you, really more of a 
> "thinking out loud" thing.
> 
> And she did.
> And I have leftovers. :-)

Well then it really turned out well for everybody then, didn't it? You got 
to eat your potato and keep it too. And I got to hear about your Aunt's 
cooking. Nice to eat with relatives in a bunch at holiday time isn't it? 
(not rhetorical)


Return to BigSpud Menu